HOW TO CREATE A SUCCESSFUL MOVEMENT FOR CHANGE
I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. Edward Everett Hale
- Do you see a problem that you are desperate to solve?
- Are you stuck and don’t know where to start?
- Are you an advocate for change and nobody is listening?
- Do you feel your organization needs improvement?
- Do you feel passionate yet powerless?
I founded Mothers Against Drunk Driving, one of the most successful grassroots campaigns in the country, with no money, experience, or connections. As MADD's Founding Chief Executive Officer, President and Chairman of the Board, I was able to take MADD from a small California grass roots organization into an international corporation with 400+ chapters worldwide and an annual budget of more than 12 million dollars. Under my leadership, MADD’s membership base grew to more than two million. My campaign is credited with saving more than 400,000 lives.
I have built on that success with We Save Lives and we have continued to save lives through our innovative programs and outreach.
I want to teach you how to do the same - how to organize a successful movement, make a difference and change lives.
As an experienced grass roots organizer, leader, political and social justice activist I will teach you how to accomplish goals for your group or organization.
If you are just starting out, I can assist you in the following:
- Determining where to start – do you want to create change on your own or build a grass roots organization?
- Help you determine if you are an activist
- Developing your voice
- Taking your grass roots to the next step – building a sustainable nonprofit
Developing a successful strategy for change includes:
- Developing your mission statement
- Establishing your goals and action plan
- Help you find your soulmates, getting the right kind of support
- Building your board and advisors
- Determining the need for legislation vs policy
- Developing your legislative goals and effective strategies
- Gathering support from the public
- Helping with your website design and social media platforms
- Building a grass roots coalition
- Editing blogs
- • Providing Tips and tricks on becoming a successful activist or advocate
- Developing a communication strategy
- Inspiring others to take action
- Initiating creative strategies to get attention
- Engaging with the media
My simple approach appeals directly to passionate activists and advocates who are beginning their journey of creating change and those who need to refine their existing campaigns
My goal is to help you:
- BUILD the confidence to achieve your goals and succeed.
- DEVELOP and implement a successful strategy and mission statement.
- LEARN THE FOUNDATIONAL STEPS of how to establish a grass-roots movement or a non-profit organization.
- LEARN how to work within the political system whether on the local, state or national level.
- CREATE a compelling media campaign.
- WORK with LEGISLATORS and policy makers.
- BUILD a COALITION and seek resources to support your cause.
Walk away knowing you’ve got this!
How Can I Help you?
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more: I am available hourly or by project.
Contact me to learn more: